
Yesterday Emmet crawled from the living room into the kitchen. He's out and out crawling and we're entering a new reign of terror in the house. He's pretty fast on most surfaces, but the wooden floor at play group is still to slick for him. I forgot how completely adorable it is to see such a tiny baby crawling. He's also pulling himself up to standing against the couch, bookcase, coffee table, etc. It's actually quite dangerous because he's not really that steady on his feet and has taken a few tumbles. He's already given himself two bloody noses.
Other ways in which my baby is a crazy freak: He hates baths. Absolutely screams as though he's being scalded. Even if I'm in the tub with him holding him, cuddling, trying to nurse him, he's freaking out, and won't relax. Also, really hates the car seat. You know al those stories of taking the baby for a drive to get them to sleep. Not this one. He's too "green" for that. Prefers walking, don't you know. Good thing considering gas prices, but it does make road trips pretty brutal.
He's slowly working on solids too. So far he's tasted avocado,sweet potato, white potato, butternut squash, carrot, apple, pear, banana, rice, grapes, cherries, and yogurt. Pear and banana have been the favorites so far. Closely followed by apple, cherry. and grape. I think it's all in the delivery system though. The grapes and cherry we put in that little mesh pouch with a handle called a Munch-kin, so it's combo toy and food. The others he holds and gums. He likes to be in control already. Fine by me. I'm too busy stuffing my own face to be coaxing him to take dribbles of puree off a spoon.
But I am hoping he gets the hang of it quickly, cause he's definitely hungrier and all the nursing is wearing a little thin. Not that I am any where near even thinking of weaning, but it'd be nice to go more than 2 hours without a feeding.
3 comments:
Too cute! I can't belive that he is already crawling! No army crawl for that one. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!
Hey are you doing the no diaper potty training on him or are you just really brave?
I told Robert that if he isn't crawling by July 4th then he can't come to the family reunion! LOL
I second Sonja's comment-- I left Robert without his diaper today for 2 minutes and ended up washing everything in the crib. Sigh.
Post a Comment