In response to a couple comments, we aren't really doing diaper free potty training with Emmet. Whenever I change his diaper, which I try to time for right after he wakes up from a nap, or other times I think he might need to pee, I hold him over the sink in the wash room. It's right next to the diaper changing pad so it's easy enough. He's only peed a couple times in the sink, but I've only started doing it the past couple weeks. It seems like it would help associate a feeling with an action and seeing the pee leave his body, and maybe make potty training easier. But who knows?
Maybe I keep my children on the verge of dehydration or something, but neither of them ever had a lot of episodes of elimination without a diaper. Well, not as babies anyway. Silas certainly had/has a fair share now.
So yeah, I tend to let Emmet have several 10 minute diaper-less sessions a day, especially now that it's warmer out. Plus, pictures with all that baby fat visible; irresistible!
2 comments:
would you get him over here quick!~ He's growing soooo fast- can't wait. Loved seeing the pict of Ireland trip here in GA- esp since I got both a M/G comentary and then a private River take on SILAS SILAS SILAS (oh yes he remembers all you other guys but- really)-love and good flight- MUM
So ambitious! I am lucky if I get to change Tatum's diaper let alone take her to the sink! Can't wait to see you guys and trade baby stories:)
Post a Comment