Thursday, June 12, 2008

Two weekends ago

Here's how far behind I am in posting...
Two weekends ago the weather was gorgeous so we took a hike in the Carey Castle woods. It's just an old "castle" ruins, but it's a nice hike with a little stream running along the path, and you feel like there is a destination and purpose for the hike. Having a purpose for a walk used to be really important for me, but now just getting out of the house is purpose enough for me, and getting Emmet to sleep. The most powerful sleeping potion for him seems to be mei tie+walking outside. Even more potent than nursing actually.
Anyway, here's the best picture from the little play and splash session in the creek.Silas had a great time throwing sticks and watching them race down stream and splashing his feet in the freezing water. I did find a tick on his arm about a week later, but I think he may have picked that up from somewhere else, so I'm not counting that as an ill effect of the creek exploration.
More catching up to come....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I for one am glad to hear from you here again- of course that's from someone who can't even get a decient letter off anymore-but double glad for the pict and hope all are well today there-MUM