We all got semi-dressed up and drove up to Kilkenny for lunch in a semi-fancy restaurant. The boys must have realized it was Father's Day because they behaved admirably during 7/8ths of the lunch. Honestly, I couldn't ask for more since the meal was about 2 hours long.
Silas, with a white cloth napkin tucked into his shirt collar, devoured two slices of bread and butter and spaghetti with meatballs.
He was adorable, and looking way too grown up, as you can see, skewering the meatballs and twirling the spaghetti on his fork.Emmet munched on a spoon, a wooden rattle, a crust of brown bread; although he had a little trouble with the latter, producing some scary choking noises.
I enjoyed a delicious lobster spaghetti served in the shell. Orrin had a plate of antipasti with "too salty meat but amazingly sweet roasted peppers and eggplant."
Towards the end of the meal, we did have to break down and read Little Miss Somersault to Silas and nurse Emmet, and take two trips to the potty, and Silas sampled the Pinot Grigio. (He doesn't like wine yet).
Afterwards we took a stroll through town and along the River Nore. We stopped at a coffee and ice cream shop for a dessert cone (one strawberry, one vanila, and one honeycomb, all delicious) and then sat in front of the castle and blew bubbles and ran around in the grass until we headed for home around 4.
Funny story of the day: I was blow drying (shocking I know) my hair and Silas wanted to help me. So I told him he could go brush his hair and handed him a comb. He ran to the bathroom to get some water, I assumed. Later I found him with toothbrush and toothpaste, brushing his hair. We did the best we could to get the gunk out of his hair but he was already dressed and we were running a bit late, hence, the crispy, er- sophisticated, hairstyle you see in the pictures.
Orrin took this one of us, which he has dubbed "Date with Mom
," that I thought was just too much to keep to myself. So the celebrants of the anniversary did not get a picture together. Silas can't quite operate the camera in an organized and focused manner yet. He's ready and willing, just not quite able yet.In other scattered information contained in this disorganized post, we fly to America on Friday. I haven't even thought about what we're packing, doing, etc. I feel like it's weeks away but it's only a few days. I'll be there with the boys for a little over 3 weeks so I'm hoping to get to see lots of friends and family. And hoping to get a few posts up from Michigan, Indiana, and Pennsylvania. Don't laugh- three weeks- I should be able to manage- three posts???
3 comments:
HAPPY HAPPY ANIVERSARY -I'm so glad you got to celebrate out-and the boys were good for you (yes 7/8 is a great figure) I am in great anticipation of seeing all of you and even more so when I see those great GROWN UP pictures-come quick but have a good flight if thats possible-LOVE MUM
I concur with MUM (Linda) - HURRY HOME! thanks for the wonderful account of your fancy celebration, but the pictures make it so hard to do without you all. Don't pack ANYTHING - we'll fit you all up when you get here - except maybe Orrin will need some work-type clothes that actually fit him and aren't stained with manure for his trip to St. Paul... just GET HERE!
Oh that "date with mom" pic is TOO cute. And now I finally have the perfect b-day idea for Silas- Brylcreem!
Post a Comment