Anyway, last night I made monkfish pot pie with puff pastry crust and had some left over puff pastry.
So, inspired by James and courtesy of Silas, I offer you this tutorial.
First get your Mom to cut out rounds of puff pastry. Sprinkle them with powdered sugar and pop them in a 425 F oven for 15 minutes. When they are cool slice them in half like a hamburger bun.
Stir together marscapone cheese, a little powdered sugar, and some crushed raspberries (I used East of Boston's Raspberry Rapture Sauce because someone gave it to me). Spoon the cheese into the bottom of the pastry. Mounding it up in the middle and leaving room around the border. Don't forget to taste as you go.
Next, place the raspberries around the pile of sweetened cheese. Our pastries were small so it only took about 5 berries , but we didn't make a solid border either.
Now you want to take the top of your bun and sandwich it on to the cheese so it touches the tops of the berries.
Ta-Da! The finished product. Ready to plate. I suggest serving in a pool of raspberry sauce with a dusting of powdered sugar.

If you are feeling generous, or have any broken bits of pastry you can offer samples to hungry dads.
Then wait expectantly for oh's and ah's.On tomorrow's show we'll be making english muffins, for Eggs Benedict, so don't forget to tune in.
1 comment:
Hey, Food Network has just begun a new search for the next FN star – want me to sign up Silas? I know his ratings would be through the roof! His pastries look divine and what beautiful fruit.
Post a Comment