Sunday, September 14, 2008

Biking we go

Yesterday was one of the rare days of late without rain. So Orrin hooked up the bike trailer and I packed a picnic of smoked salmon, sundried tomato, and cream cheese sandwiches, apples, cheese, bananas, and oranges, and we biked up around the mountains, following the River Suir, about 17 miles to Carrick on Suir. We ran around in the park there, played on the playground, bought some chips (fries) when Orrin informed me that my picnic was insuffiecient for someone that had just pulled a 100 pound trailer for 17 miles.
The day and scenery was beautiful. The boys were well behaved in the trailer, they slept most of the way. And Orrin and I had a really nice time and got lots of exercise although our rear ends are pretty sore. I didn't take the camera so there are no pictures, but here's a couple from last weekend when Orrin went mountain biking in the Ballyhouras with his biking group. Emmet just posed for the picture didn't take the trails.

Silas, Emmet and I went to the nearby Doneraile park. Where Silas rode with bike around. We ate lunch, played in the stream and waterfall, hiked, picked blackberries, and watched the herd of red deer.

2 comments:

Lise M. said...

I'm glad you're having some nice days to enjoy the outdoors. The photos are great, and will certainly keep me satisfied in lieu of long text-y posts, so don't apologize! Is that Orrin's new bike? Do red deer jump like white-tail deer? That fence doesn't look very deer-proof! But Silas looks like he could take on the whole herd! Thanks for sharing your day! Love you...
Mom

Anonymous said...

forgot your camera-ouch,they grow up too fast to miss anything,or so it seems-glad you had some good weather- Nathan and Ben spent Sat biking the Brown Co trails while the rest of us (with 4 children) sewed for feast all day and there were some appleheads done in Laf on Thur/Fri and Anniv babysitting on Sun so I got out for a change this weekend-hope to catch up with you soon- MUM