We visited Dingle Peninsula and Killarney this weekend with friends visiting from Switzerland.I'll post a bunch of pictures and stories in the next few days but one of the highlights of the trip was taking a horse drawn jaunting car in Killarney. Our horse's name was Queenie. Then Silas took it upon himself to give himself a horse name and everyone else. So he, as "Grassy", trotted and pranced and galloped around Muckross Gardens and the national park. He also picked out rocks that he called controllers for himself and each of the other horses. Orrin was "Flower," I was "Shoe," Emmet was "String" (although Emmet had no controller), Drew was known as "Pink," and Tonya was called "Blue." We finally figured out that he meant reins when he said controllers.
It was kind of amazing the things we could get him to do simply by referring to him as "Grassy." I guess it's much more fun talking about yourself in the third person
when you are three."Would you like another bite of broccoli Grassy?"
"Yes please, said Grassy."
"Grassy, Let's go to the potty now."
"Good idea Shoe, said Grassy."
Meanwhile, I love this picture of Orrin and Emmet taken out on the Dingle peninsula.
More about Drew and Tonya's visit to come. We had a really nice time with them. They are out with Orrin downing Guinness and Baileys right now. Of course anyone bearing 3 kilos of Swiss chocolate is welcome here anytime.
No comments:
Post a Comment