Sunday, September 28, 2008

Dream Big

I don't usually remember my dreams but one from the other night was ridiculous. Apparently I was holding some kind of political rally featuring both McCain and Obama in the utility room of my parents farm house that burned down in 2000. Silas and Emmet and a range of other children from various ethnic backgrounds, but unknown to me, were there also. McCain had a normal speech, although the refrain of it I seem to remember as being something like "Don't blame me."
Obama on the other hand just turned on some music and we all danced around. The only words to the song, and therefore the speech, was "wiggle like an eel."
I can only think this was brought on by some kind of guilt placed deep in my psyche (or not so deep) after my sister told me that she was volunteering for the campaign. But my absentee ballot came in the mail today! Hooray!

Meanwhile, Silas's dream is to build an airplane and fly "to Aldi." Now, granted, it's probably the place we go most frequently, but since it is barely a 10 minute walk, I think a plane might be a little bit of overkill.

No comments: