Friday, May 05, 2006

Suprise!

Orrin's birthday is coming up so I planned a little weekend trip to Kinsale. He heard about Charles Fort, a star-shaped bastion fort, from a co-worker so we'll go see that. And it's touted as the gourmet capital of Ireland so we'll have a couple good meals. I booked a nice B&B with views of the ocean and walks along the coast. So last night Orrin tells me he's really excited about this weekend because there is an antique furniture auction on Sunday.

Now, I know he is reading this and will tell me I'm totally mis-characterizing him. And truly we have been wanting to go to an antique sale for a while now. And I have been telling him I want a little sideboard or cabinet of some sort to on which to organize the assorted china, canisters, and kitchen junk. And he did say he is looking forward to the trip, so he's not really in trouble. Just reminds me that the standard nice things to do for your husband don't really work for Orrin. And that's part of the reason I love him so much.

So here's something funny Orrin said the other day:
B: (giving Orrin a hug)
O: Oh no, I've been squeezed!
B: Just like a tube of toothpaste.
O: In the middle? I knew it was you all along!

In other news, Silas is finally getting some teeth. The two bottom incisors seem to be in some sort of a race. So far the left one seems to have a slight edge. He also has a painful looking raw spot on the inside of his bottom lip. Is that a normal side effect of teething?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that Silas is getting teeth! I hope you find something good at your sale on Sunday.