When I was little I always picked 8 as my lucky number. I was born on the 8th, my brother was born on the 8th, one of my sisters was born on the 8th, it's easy/fun to draw when you're little, for some nerdy kids (not me of course!) it’s like infinity, and admit it, it just looks cool. Like a zero with a nice belt.
Now my number has moved a little higher. I moved to Minnesota the 15th. I started my job the 15th. My sister was married the 15th. My lovely son was born the 16th. I became a senior engineer on the 16th. We moved to Ireland the 16th. I was promoted to group leader the 16th. I even made my first blog post the 16th (wait… Maybe that doesn’t qualify as lucky?).
And call me lucky, because I can name the actual day (and year sometimes) my lucky number changed. Not that I was thinking lucky numbers, what with you in that dress, but a big rain storm clearing and a rainbow coming out so we can start our outdoor ceremony is lucky. Almost as lucky as having someone as perfect as you saying I do.
I miss you as I do every day we’re not together. Happy anniversary.
-O
1 comment:
This is so sweet!
Post a Comment