I don't know why I've been posting so much lately. I think this whole birthday thing is making me feel like time is whizzing by and I have to try to capture everything. Even stupid things, seemingly meaningless things. In a year will I look back and remember what else was going through my head?
How marvelous a time this is for us. How we ate picnics in the shade, in a graveyard, below castle ruins. Silas crawling in the grass, munching on a nectarine. How you slept in the backseat of the car with your uncle Nathan snoozing beside you. The way you nestle your head into my shoulder. The way you reach for your Dad when he comes home from work. How you make a break for the front door whenever it is left open. Your sweetness today was overwhelming.
Silas was wonderful for the birthday party. A little shy and clingy when the guest first started arriving, but crawling around, standing, pushing and pulling toys around. Crawling down the back steps to the patio. Happily wearing your eyepatch in the middle of your forehead. You didn't seem to want any cake, so we don't have the frosting smeared face pictures. In fact, we didn't take as many pictures at all, very unlike us. All the guests seemed to enjoy the party, I did my best to relax and enjoy myself too. It helped immensely that Silas was so good. We had a nice mix of some Irish people from the mom's group I go to and the neighborhood, as well as the Americans Orrin works with.
Silas also made out with some nice presents, even though we stated no gifts. I know I probably couldn't have come empty handed either; a couple wooden block sets, lots of books, some clothes, and an inflatable Eeyore chair. Silas seems to really like crawling into that. He's such a climber! He's almost able to climb up onto the couch!
2 comments:
Glad the party went well.
I think people will always bring gifts even if you say no gifts. Some just can't imagine going to a kids party and not taking a gift. Then I think you have those who want to honor your wishes but know that others will bring gifts and they don't want to look bad for not bringing one.
I'm seeking for description of XRumer software.
Can you help me? Or give me a link to the official site of this program.
Thanks
Post a Comment