Monday, July 10, 2006

la la la la lemon

Silas has been super whiney today. Why, oh why? I have no idea.

There is this song on the For The Kids CD with a bunch of L words, I sing it when I'm going crazy. We sing it with different letters, like wa wa wa wa water, wa wa wa wa whiner, wa wa wa wa worry wart, etc. Somehow the repetition of it soothes me, and usually makes Silas giggle with silly faces. It also seems fun to try and think up bizarre words to put in the song. I don't get much intellectual stimulation these days.

But, oh, we received a birthday package for Silas. Lots of clothes, some toys, and books from Grandma Linda. Very nice, thank you very much. I wish we had a few more footie pj's for him, but I suppose I can break down and actually buy the kid some clothes myself.

We went to Mahon Falls on Sunday. I packed a picnic lunch and we sat by the falls and ate. It was quite windy, and we forgot the camera, but it was absolutely gorgeous! A big Green valley with three of four falls coming down the rocks. And you could hike up the main one. There were little clear pools for wading, and sheep grazing all around. We are going to head back next Saturday with the camera, so stay tuned for photos of my new favorite spot in Ireland.

Orrin and Nathan rode their bikes the 25 miles back home. Or they rode halfway called the mobile repair center for a new inner tube, fixed the flat, and then rode the remaining distance home.

The circus was very cool on Saturday. Makes me want to run away and join the circus; everyone in the performance was so strong and graceful. The way they do the performance was very cool n that the audience stands in and around and mostly underneath the performers. So you feel very close to the action. Of course there is a little more shuffling around to make sure everyone moves out of harms way as the action moves around the tent. But since there was lots of milling around no one noticed the rocking and swaying required to comfort the baby squirming in my arms. Orrin had Silas up on his shoulders at one point and I looked over at them and Silas had fallen asleep up there! So I held him for about 45 minutes, sound asleep, as drums and accordions and flashing lights and twirling acrobats circled us. I guess that is what they mean by sleeping like a baby.

Now I must go and get that little baby to bed.

No comments: