The washing machine has been acting up lately. I thought it might be because we are trying a new detergent that Mom brought, Charlie's Soap. I really like the soap. The clothes are soft and clean and smell just clean and good. But the washing machine was not draining as was getting stuck at certain points in the cycle, making the normally long washing cycle interminable.
We finally decided to investigate the problem by prying the little access door off of the bottom right hand side of the front of the machine. This is where the machine drains the wash water through a small hose.
And you know how people are always losing one sock from a pair and joking about the dryer or the washing machine eating their socks? Well, stuck in the drain hose was one of Silas's long lost socks. I couldn't believe the machine was actually eating socks! Or at least one sock.
I'm looking forward to a properly functioning laundry machine, at least for a while. And now that I know this can be a problem, I'll be able to check it in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment