I'm thinking about doing a mini triathalon. They are actually calling it a try-athalon, like for beginners, I guess.
It's on Silas's birthday, which seems nice and symbolic of the strength of motherhood. But maybe also symbolic of the absolute insanity of motherhood. Especially because we are planning this big pirate themed shin-dig in the afternoon. It's crazy, right? Swim in a freezing cold river for 500 meters, bike 10K, and run 5k, then go home at 1 pm and frost a cake to look like a pirate ship. And be a charming hostess for 30-ish people including wild children at 3 pm.
Yeah, it's crazy. Dang. I thought it could be really fun.
Silas continues his pretty good sleeping habits. Not that it matters, as I have turned into an absolute insomniac. I didn't fall asleep last night until 2:30, then was up at 6 to nurse Silas. I suppose the massive doses of chocolate after dinner probably aren't very sleep inducing, but somehow it is imperative to slather nutella on any available substrate and stuff it down my gullet.
That's all for today. I'm going to go lie in bed for a few hours and try very hard to not think about falling asleep. I don't really even feel that tired. What is going on?!
1 comment:
'Member in college when you used to try to do WAY TOO MUCH at once? And you wouldn't stop until you were physically ill? 'Member that?
Post a Comment