Not too much going on today. I had planned to take a bunch of cardboard boxes to the recycling center, which requires a car, which means I ould have had to drive Orrin to work. But Silas unexpectedly slept until 9, so we are sans car today. I suppose I shouldn't have brought him into bed with me if I wanted him to wake up at 7, but I was too tired at 5 am to worry about it.
I do have a list of about twenty other things that need to get done today, but whether I do them or not remains to be seen. It includes such exciting things as grocery shopping! submitting a damage claim to the insurance company! and plant green beans!
The gardening went well yesterday. We moved twenty or so shrubs. Why did they plant so much euonymous? Pruned a couple trees and weeded. And started laying out the vegetable garden. We haven't been able to find any broccoli plants here, and I'm leery of starting them from seed. Not to mention the only seds we've seen are for purple, white, or chartreuse broccoi. Where is the regular brocolli? I guess they figur you'd only want to grow your own if it was some special variety you couldn't buy in a store.
We did end up just dragging the braches and weeds up the hill. And Orrin found a small bush that he thought needed rescuing. So he dug it up and by the time it was at teh bottom of the hill, it had turned into a rather large bush. So we put it in the biggest pot we had, and watered teh hell out of it, and maybe, just maybe it won't die before it flowers. We found out it is a mexican orange blossom, so it should be really pretty and smell like almonds when and if it flowers.
No comments:
Post a Comment