Yesterday was warm enough that Silas went pants-less for the first time in... 5 months or so. What cute little chubby legs he has. And it makes diaper changing so much easier. Just three little snaps, no wrestling with pants.
Yesterday's drive to and from Dublin was long, long, long. Actually the drive to seems much shorter. Of course, I took the long way home, along the east coast. It didn't look that much longer on the map, and I thought I would avoid some traffic, but it took about 45 minutes longer. At least there were some pretty views. And Silas was pretty cooperative considering her was in the carseat for 7 hours.
We walked out to an old church after dinner yesterday. The combination of the fading light, the bird calls, and the overgrown graves made it very spooky.
Today, Orrin somehow got to work and left the car here. I think he probably got a ride with the neighbor. So what fun can we have with a car? I keep really thinking I want to drive to Kilkenny and get a DVD player, even though I own only 5 DVD's. But then I will only feel guilty if I sit around all day watching tv. It's bad enough that I watch two episodes of Scrubs each day, sometimes twice a day.
I met the lady that lives two houses down. She is from Russia, an has been in Ireland for two years now, but moved to Clonmel with her husband and two children in January. She told me I was the first person she has met here. So we are headed out for a walk today with her. She seemed very nice, but very self conscience about her english. I guess I would be the same way with a foreign language, but she's really pretty good.
That's all for now. Maybe I'll have some cute Silas stories later.
No comments:
Post a Comment