Friday, April 21, 2006

This cracked me up!

Excerpted from Bitch PhD:

This is the kumbaya moment: feminism frees everybody! ThatÂ’s a little bit of a joke, but I actually do believe it. If the world is divided into binaries, then one set of people might get the shitty end of the stick, but the other set is still holding a stick with shit on it. Maybe we should find another stick to play with.

So I excerpted a kind of silly part, but the entire post is really quite good.Althoughh, now that I am reading more of them, I've got to say it's probably not one of the best posts on the site.

In the real world-
We were invited over to dinner to outAmericannneighbor'ss last night. The guy just got promoted, and is now actually Orrin's boss. Kind of weird. I hope it doesn't make it to weird to hang out with them, because I quite like them. They seem pretty down to earth, and also have a 5 month old (or so, not exactly sure).
I think we're sticking around home this weekend. Do a little more work in the garden. Make some plans for our trip to Germany. Maybe cook up a nice big feast for dinnerSundayy. Although, maybe I should wait until Rachel gets here Monday, then she can tutor me in danish making, and we can roll around in big piles of baking soda. (apparently nonexistentt in Germany).

No comments: